Wi-Fi RTT Enabled Access Point
REAL-TIME ACCURATE INDOOR LOCATION DEVICE
Wi-Fi Indoor Location Device (WILD)
Wi-Fi RTT enables real-time accurate indoor location which has countless uses in retail, health care, transportation, logistics, manufacturing, smart buildings, entertainment and many more segments.
Wi-Fi Indoor Location Device (WILD) is the 1st Wi-Fi RTT enabled access-point. WILD is based on fitlet2 miniature fanless IoT gateway (the same platform used for the popular MintBox Mini 2) which provides remarkable functionality.
- WILD includes Intel® Wireless-AC 8260 that provides Wi-Fi RTT functionality in co-existance with Wi-Fi SoftAP
- WILD has dual Gigabit Ethernet for traffic backhauling, remote management and routing. Optional 3rd GbE with PoE can also be used to power WILD
- 4G modem or a second Wi-Fi module can be installed inside WILD
- WILD is a full-feature PC based on Quad-core Intel® Atom® x7-E3950 with up to 16 GB RAM, capable of running full-fledged Linux distributions
- Internal storage is 2.5” SSD / HDD, M.2 SATA SSD or eMMC
- Standard I/O includes dual-head display, 4 USB ports, audio and a serial port
- WILD accepts our Function and Connectivity Extension T-Card (FACET-Card). Several variants of FACET-Cards are available providing PoE, optical LAN, CANbus, extra USB ports, GPIOs and more
- WILD runs the latest GNU/Linux Debian including KDE and standard package management
- We provide utilities for remote management of WILD access-points
- WILD drivers and utilities are open-source
- Indoor location can be calculated by a WILD gateway, by the mobile device itself, by an on-premises server or by a cloud-service
Accurate real-time indoor location is beneficial to many IoT applications, including mobile robots, autonomous vehicles, mobile assets and computerized hand-held devices. WILD IoT makes a capable Wi-Fi RTT ready platform that can be easily integrated into such systems, making them location-aware.
WILD IoT provides exceptional real-time location accuracy below 0.5m in three dimensions.
WILD IoT incorporates the same hardware of a WILD access-point and is using the same software, making the devices interchangeable.
WILD evaluation and development
- WILD works out-of-the-box. Once powered, WILD boots automatically and starts responding to ranging requests
- Evaluation normally starts with ranging from a WILD mobile device to a WILD access-point. WILD can change role from an access-point to a mobile device using a single command
- We provide an open source Android application implementing ranging to WILD using Wi-Fi RTT API